Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: In Time With You


This is definitely not the regular Taiwan drama that you get to watch all the time. I see more depth (which also meant more draggy to some people) and doesn't involves cliche plot like a previous ex popping out of nowhere (ok maybe JUST a little).

I like how the scriptwriter builds up the character rather than going straight into the plot like most dramas does. From the first few episodes, you can tell why 程又青 (Cheng You Qing) and 李大仁 (Li Da Ren) act the way they does due to the kind of environment they're in (eg past relationships, family) and how it affects them (or the plot) towards the end.

FYI, this is not lighthearted at all! There's hardly humor like most Taiwan drama does (except for You Qing's mum by the way, I LOVE HER!). It's heart wrenching every time I watch a new episode, especially when 李大仁 (Li Da Ren) was trying to show his emotions/affections but failed to do so due to some reasons.

But major plus for this is that I LOVE THE ENDING! I think they're trying to makeup for all the lost time the couple had for the entire show. So the last episode was TOTALLY SWEET!

I'm a HUGE supporter of 林依晨 (Ariel Lin) and was quite disappointed to hear that this might probably be the last drama she will be starring in due to her relationship (I think she wants to spend more time with her family and boyfriend). Her dramas are usually good so it's sad to see one of those actresses I like leave the drama scene. She will be focusing more on movies though.

I was quite skeptical about 陳柏林 (Chen Bo Lin) because he was always acting in movies. And his focus was usually in Hong Kong. But I was so wrong! He's really good! I thought that he brought out the vibe for 大仁哥 (Da Ren Ge) pretty well and was really good at showing those hidden feelings for 程又青 (Cheng You Qing)

In case you aren't aware of this, but the director for this drama was 瞿友寧 (Winnie)!! The same guy that directed "It Started With A Kiss" and "They Kissed Again".

No comments: